Favorite Hippie Jerry Memories

We’re getting so close! In my last minute preparations for Run a Muck, I’m working on a few words to say at the Hippie Picking Party. I’d love to hear some of everyone’s favorite memories of and/or with Hippie Jerry.

I’ll start with a few of mine. In 2013, I had injured my leg, so came down early with Rick Preciado . He was going to ABGAT and I was both out of work because of the injury and needed a ride since my right leg was out of commission meaning I couldn’t drive. Hippie got there a few days after us (after a hell of a trip with Carolyn Greene ) and we spent most of that week playing Bocce Ball in the Bear Creek Preserve.

He had drawn up a virtual floor plan for Run a Muck in autocad or some similar program, and he was so excited to show it to everyone. He had also included a random unicorn in the middle of camp and he kept telling us “I don’t know what it’s doing there, but it’s a welcome addition to camp.”

I think it was that same year, but I can’t quite remember. Balsam Range was playing and I was sitting in camp listening to their set. They did a cover of the John Denver song “Matthew.” I was raised on John Denver and was ecstatic hearing this, so ended up right on the fence watching from camp. Hippie walked up behind me, put his arm around my shoulder, and said “Sure, I’ll have a Telluride moment with you.”

I’ve got quite a few others, but I’d like to hear some of yours.

Man, this one got me right in the feels! :angel

I had never been to Telluride before and I somehow found myself at RunAMuck. I didn’t recognise anyone but I knew your names from the forum. Jerry saw me looking a bit nervous just outside the tent and he came over, held my hand and said “ come on we’re waiting to meet you”. I don’t know if it was true but it was a gentle and kind thing to do and he made me feel at home straight away. He was such a kind man.

I love this so much. That was Hippy. That’s who he was and what he did.