Driving route from Jackson Wy to Telluride

Hello! There are two main ways to drive from Jackson to Telluride… last time I drove Rock Springs through Dinosaur to Grand Junction on in. Long drive for one day. I’d like to break it into two day drive and overnight. Recommendations on route and overnight spot (hotel/motel not camping) are welcome! Many thanks!!

Did you take 139 south out of Rangely? Always wanted to drive that road. Looks mighty lonesome. Route 13 to Rifle is nice but out of your way. Good food in Rifle.

You know I can’t remember if I drove 139 last time (2 years ago). I have definitely driven Meeker and Rifle when I travelled to Snowmass. Can’t say I want to be on a long lonely stretch of the road!

Can’t help much. Vernal Utah seems about half way with lots of hotels, otherwise Fruita or Grand Junction. If you are interested in a scenic detour drive, I suggest going through Grand Mesa perhaps on your way back going towards Grand Junction. Take Hwy 65 at Delta through Cedaredge to Mesa and then to I-70. Nice drive although not as spectacular as Ouray to Silverton.