Different Aspects Of Performance

I guess like anything there is a way to handle emotion in delivery of song. I wrote a song called Until this full moon and I made an old friend of mine cry. He pulled his cap over his eyes and to me this was a great compliment. However I start to cry and have a hard time delivering the rest of the song. I want people to feel me and my words but how do I not cry too? I want my words to be filled with emotion to connect but not connect so much that it resonates. This aspect of performance alone would be a good reason for me to sign up. I must say the group aspect makes me feel shy…I need this skill under my belt cause I want to feel good about sharing my music.

As a writer too many hear my music too literally as a state of my personal being. However I draw from everything and everyone. I am a soul singer, always feel what Im singing about but I don’t want to cry :lol

Cry management :flower

Delivery is key I see, so much to learn so people get your drift :medal

When I sing, even in front of people who support and love me, my voice will quiver. I do not understand this about myself. I am shy and I do feel exposed. I am fascinated with this mystery in me and I guess this is where skill , guidance and mentoring should come in.

A very interesting aspect of performance, stage fright is that what it is?

Projection. I am now learning the value of projection, mics and the sound man. Trust is key for delivery. Effortless, sound should roll off you into the mic and out. I saw a special with Kelly? and she screamed the entire show. She must have been exhausted . Faith. I want to hook up my mics to feel what its like to use a soft delivery and let the mic do the projection for me.
I may never make it to the movies nor be a top 10 anything but this thing called music is drivin me around like I am not in charge and full of wonder. Incredible hobby :medal