denver hotel suggestions?

does anyone have some good suggestions as to a nice hotel in downtown denver with walkable bars restaraunts, cool shops, etc… and possibly festivarian friendly :bubbles

:wave :wave Hey! I am working right now but I will give you a ton of good things to do and where to stay downtown. When will you be here?

The Westin is waaaaayyy better than the Sheraton - - the new(er) Hyatt conventional hotel is nice with a killer roof-top bar/restaurant. The Hyatt Grand isn’t bad either. If you’ve got Marriott points or some cash to burn, the Ritz Carlton is an option . . .

Erndog.
I left Anne from Run-A-Muck a message and asked her to respond to this thread. :slight_smile:

Auntie Hope :festivarian2 :green

Dayton there is a hotel in the Denver Performing Arts Center , there is the Brown Palace (very nice), numerous cool others.

The big question is when will you arrive? That should influence where you stay. Tell me more so I can guide you better. :flower

thanks for suggestions everyone :medal
theres nothing like festivarians helping other festivarians to find festivarian friendly places :talk
after considering the many great hotel suggestions, we have decided on the recommendation of the comfort inn downtown :thumbsup
sancho’s broken arrow also sounds like a great place we’ll have to try while we’re there :deer
and landshark, we’re looking for somewhere after telluride, before we start making the trek to sunshine daydream the weekend after :drive
:sunshine
and we’re interested in any other cool suggestions of good music spots or bars around that time too… :cheers

:lol LoDo Historic District
www.lodo.org

Denver Art Museum
www.denverartmuseum.org

16th Street Mall - Pedestrian Mall

Lined with 200 trees and 50,000 flowers, this festive, mile-long pedestrian promenade has 28 outdoor cafes and offers Denver’s best people-watching. I.M. Pei designed the gray and pink granite pathway to resemble the pattern of a diamondback rattlesnake. Hop on the bus – they’re free and stop on every corner. After dark, horse-drawn carriages clatter up and down the Mall. :medal

I also really enjoy Chapoltepecks a seedy jazz hangout with smokin music . Not sure I spelled that right :hug

Denver is good for a night but you really should spend the time in Boulder if it’s music is key. I always recommend http://www.boulderoutlook.com/index.html for your lodging needs. Music hot spots in Boulder: Boulder Theater, Fox Theater, Mountain Sun on Sunday, Southern Sun on Monday, The Laughing Goat coffee house, The Lazy Dog, Conor O’Neils, Pearl St. Pub, The Farmers Market on Saturday. Or just walk around Pearl St. for buskers. Lyons isn’t far away and Oskar Blues on Tues night and their bluegrass pick is the best around. Not to mention free music on the streets on Wed night on Pearl Street, Band On the Bricks, Thurs. nite in Niwot, Rhythm On the Rails and Friday nite at the Lousiville Street Faire.

… and the Unseen Bean for morning coffee!!! :thumbsup

Stranahans Colorado Whiskey tour. Man that is good stuff.
British Bulldog for masala and footie on tv. think Gold Cup might be on around then
Falling Rock Taphouse over 200 beers with motto “No Crap On Tap”
The Bar Bar You want to talk dive bars…yike

Panzano at 17th and Champa has a GREAT happy hour from 3-6. The food is quite delicious, the drinks are strong, and the service is wonderful.
So what is the Sunshine Daydream thing you mention? Is that in Denver?

right down the street from the Comfort Inn
Shish Kabob grill their chicken shawerma sandwich…delicious…
Kevin’s a great bartender at the Trinity Grille

a little bit farther but worth it is My Brother’s Bar. awesome bar/patio & Kerouac used to work there. service is slow but once you have your beer you kind of forget.
Also located right next to The Flagship REI

agree that El-Chapultepec does have some fantastic jazz…great scene. might still be cash only

Sunshine Daydream Memorial Park is a festival campground in Terra Alta WV… www.wefarmhippies.com http://www.festivarian.com/index.php/topic,9652.0.html
they’ve got an 11 day festival that starts the weekend of telluride and then continues into the week and weekend after… it’s most well known for being the home of the Jerry Garcia Birthday Bash, and i think this year is the 26th or 27th annual, but that won’t be until august…
Lalagay and me are signed up to work the second weekend after telluride bluegrass, during the ekoostik hookah nights of the festival, and are planning on hanging out in denver until we make the ‘trek’ back across the midwest to WV… hence the inquiry to cool things to do in denver while we’re there :cheers
and i’m really liking the looks of the british bulldog meandering jeeper and the stranahan’s tour. i think i saw a special on stranahan’s on the food network… denver seems like an awesome city :medal

I’ve lived in Denver for 10 years now and I’ve lived about 100 feet from Sancho’s for the past 5 years so I’m there more than I should be. If you like the Dead at all or that scene, you should definitely check it out. It’s one of a kind. If you are looking for live music, check who’s playing at:
* Quixote’s (same owners as Sancho’s)
* Ogden Theatre (less than two blocks down Colfax from Sancho’s)
* The Fillmore Auditorium (Across the street from Sancho’s)
* Pete’s Monkey Bar (right next to Sancho’s)

My other suggestions/recommendations for things to do in Denver:
* Have a drink at the Great Divide Brewery. They have a small bar at the brewery where they serve their amazing craft beers.
* Watch a Rockies game at Coors Field.
* Check out the REI Flagship store and be sure to spend time down by the river out back. There will be a lot of people down there on a summer afternoon.
* Cruise down 16th Street Mall. It’s pretty touristy and you will see all types of people - both good and bad. The shuttle that runs up and down the mall is free and a great way to get from one side of downtown to the other.

I will be more than happy to share other ideas or suggestions if you are looking for anything in particular.