Coming back in 2022, starting my begging campaign for Alison Kraus now

Am so excited to be coming back after Australia locked international borders ( and most state borders) for past two years. We are now at 81% vaccinated across the country and can finally travel again, hurrah. First priority is to get home to Telluride.

Many of you know that we have never seen Alison Kraus live ( she never tours in Australia) and well, despite visiting the US on a regular basis I’ve never managed to be there while she is on tour. She is kind of a unicorn for me.

So I’m stoked to hear the new album with Robert Plant and wishing and hoping we might get them both at Telluride next year??

Fabulous new album by Greensky too. Just soaking in the great music. It feels like hope & happiness to me.

I will always accuse Robert Plant of turning me into a Alison Krauss fan. Thank You Robert!
We caught the Plant/Krauss tour twice. Once in Austin at ACL festival and again at Jazz Festival. Since
then we have seen Alison twice.

Who knows, maybe Plant/Krauss tour stops off in Telluride.

Just in case you have an extra 54 minutes in the next few days.
If not try to watch starting at 47:50

Alison Krauss & Union Station
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To1_nOjlLBQ&t=1913s

It’s fantastic!

The dream is to see her play with Union Station, absolutely. Alas, I fear that time has passed….but I will settle on Robert Plant​:smile::smile::smile:

First saw him play in Australia with that band, oh what were they called in 1972. And yes I was indeed very, very young ( only just a teenager) but I loved Zeppelin and I couldn’t bear to miss them. Convinced my 19 year old uncle to get me in which he did. Will never forget what it felt like to see a band whose records I had played on constant rotation on stage in front of me. That energy. The elation. It’s a thrill that never disappears.

Guess that’s why I still chase my bands ( around the world). Once you get the thrill of live music it changes your life.

Guess that’s why I still chase my bands ( around the world). Once you get the thrill of live music it changes your life.

Yep, thats the drug that has us all hooked. The thrill of live music!
[/quote]

Anything is possible but I think the Plant /Krauss tour will be playing much bigger venues. Hope you get to see her. In the meantime checkout her weeper version of Blind Faith’s “Can’t Find MyWay Home”

Maybe Fairgrounds or Telluride in 2022.

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss 2022 Tour (Tickets are available here)

Jun 01 – Canandaigua, NY – CMAC
Jun 03 – Saratoga Springs, NY – Saratoga Performing Arts Center
Jun 04 – Forest Hills, NY – Forest Hills Stadium
Jun 06 – Clarkston, MI – DTE Energy Music Theatre
Jun 07 – Chicago, IL – Jay Pritzker Pavilion
Jun 09 – Indianapolis, IN – TCU Amphitheater at White River State Park
Jun 11 – Columbia, MD – Merriweather Post Pavilion
Jun 12 – Philadelphia, PA – TD Pavilion @ The Mann
Jun 14 – Cary, NC – Koka Booth Amphitheatre
Jun 16 – Atlanta, GA – Cadence Bank Amphitheatre at Chastain Park
Jun 26 – London, UK – BST Hyde Park
Jul 01 – Hamar, NO – Tjuvholmen Arena
Jul 02 – Bergen, NO – Bergenhus Fortress
Jul 05 – Rättvik, SE – Dalhalla
Jul 14 – Lucca, IT – Lucca Summer Festival – Piazza Napoleone
Jul 16 – Stuttgart, DE – JazzOpen Stuttgart 2022
Jul 18 – Sopot, PL – Opera Lesna
Jul 20 – Berlin, DE – Zitadelle

She could sneak in a little Telluride visit before London!
Note, as always she NEVER comes to Australia. It’s why I still haven’t seen her live.
Fingers crossed!

EWWWWWWW GIRL! HOLD ON TO YOUR SOCKS!!! :flower

PBS Interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRr9OhAHm6Y