Chris Thile & The How To Grow A Band w/ Mofro @ Etown this Sunday!

Chris Thile and The How To Grow A Band Featuring Bryan Sutton and JJ Grey & MOFRO presented by 97.3 KBCO

Live Show: Sunday, Mar 25, 2007 7:00 pm

Who’s in? :wave

:pickin

etown website

Get your tix here

Bring your good ears to this etown…you will hear stellar musicianship from distinctly different strata of the musical spectrum.

“Chris Thile has both the chops and the vision to alter the landscape of his genre forever.”—USA TODAY

Chris Thile’s new solo project, The “How To Grow A Band” offers the sound of a brilliant musician stretching out to reach new things—but also returning to the source that originally inspired his amazing talents, namely bluegrass. In the process, Chris gathered together some of the hottest young players out there for a spirited run through tracks new and old.

“There are few musicians with as much talent and drive as Chris Thile.”—ACOUSTIC GUITAR

JJ Grey and his band MOFRO exude rocking, funky, melodic, front porch realism in every song they play. Grey comes from a long tradition of Southern storytellers, and his songs oftentimes use the loss of his natural surroundings and the marginalization of the Southern culture he grew up in as a metaphor for universal truths. The band delivers his material with brilliant musicianship, resulting in music that is thought provoking, rhythmically dynamic and texturally mesmerizing.

“J J Grey is a singer-songwriter in his late 30s with talent and historical references. His music borrows from Stax/Volt and Mississippi hill-country blues, and he sings with feeling, in an unforced deep drawl, about the condition of poor whites in the South. But he’s also got a band with an excellent groove, and that’s what makes the difference…”-THE NEW YORK TIMES

Won’t make the E-town, but I’m excited for tonight, as they open for the Cheese!

I have an extra ticket if anyone wants to come with! Face value - $15.00. :flower

what a great show!! :medal

the new mofro is slowly growing on me…

I’m not so sure it is on me. I can respect it’s vision…but I think I like the dirty swamp music they played before more. :rolleyes

yeah, it would be nice if JJ Grey could have both going on simultaneously…

but i guess that would take away from his pecan trees :wink: