Chair Protocol-Shade chairs ok?

This will be my second time at the festival, and we got the low back seats first time but never got a good enough seat to make them necessary. I absolutely BAKED in the sun last time, so I’ve been looking at some chairs that have a little awning on top to provide shade. Is this acceptable as long as I’m sitting behind the line? I’m looking at ones that are adjustable so the awning can snug down right to my head. That way it’s not sticking way up and blocking views. What do you guys and gals think?

I am not fond of the ones I’ve seen @ Festivaaal in the past. They still block enough of the view as most folks have low chairs throughout the fest gounds. And I’ve seen ppl leave them up when they walk away and the wind picks it up and throws them around. :rolleyes Just one guy’s opinion… :cheers

Not too worried about the wind, just didn’t know if it was “over the line” or not. I couldn’t remember if I saw any there last time. I’ve seen those little shade tents but the people on stage look like ants from there. I guess I’ll suck it up and go topless, so to speak.

I’m with Swander on this one. Those shade contraptions definitely impair viewing. I think you need to get yourself one of them fancy hats with a wide brim for sun protection. :thumbsup :thedude

Another “hot” tip…bring several large squirt bottles and mist yourself and fellow festivarians. Everyone benefits.

:wave And isn’t “Baked in Telluride” the preferred weather of Festivaaaal! :cheers

Well yes! And the weather forecast is looking good! :eek :cheers

I have to say that the atmosphere at TBF is something I haven’t experienced since Highgate, VT 1994 and is just the most amazing thing going. I didn’t want to do anything to disrupt that so I’m glad I asked. Thanks for the responses!

:wave See y’all in 37 days!!! :wave

Hi Oddfired, Are you a mechanic?

Well I guess I aspire to be. My username comes from the 225 V6 in my 1968 Jeepster Commando, combined with being called Odd here and there! :lol :lol :lol