car line procedure for FF this year?

Every year, every festival, I have trouble finding info on how the car line is being handled. Is FF this year going to be the same as RG this year? Same times, same rules…as in I HAVE to leave a vehicle in line to hold my space until the campsite opens on Thursday?

Folks Fest will follow a similar procedure as this year’s RockyGrass - a single-day vehicle lineup held at the new Planet Bluegrass Farm, beginning with a 3-hour lottery number system from 9am-noon. Here are all the details:
http://www.bluegrass.com/folks/rules.html#CampingLine

This is my first time camping onsite and I’m trying to get a better picture of how it works. Here are my questions:

1. If lottery tickets are randomly passed out at noon, is there any benefit to arriving at 10am as opposed to just before noon?

2. Once I have a lottery ticket and put my car in line, do I have to stay with my car for 6 hours before we’re admitted at 6? Is it ok to leave it in line, take a walk, and come back before 6?

3. I have one vehicle pass and intend to use it for my camper. My plan is to drive my camper in, park it, and park my car off site. Is this workable? Can I enter with 2 vehicles if I only have 1 vehicle pass?

Hey Maple Al! Are you going to Folks Fest? Anyone else from Telluride? Michael and I plus my parents and brother’s family will be there this year! Question - how do they prevent 2+ cars from going to see who gets the best lotto ticket? Do you recommend a specific time? How many lotto tickets are usually passed out?

Another question- they say that a you need a vehicle pass for anything that requires a license plate. My parents have a hard sided camper that does not require a license plate…it fits on our Chevy Silverado so it’s not one of those giant ones. Can we use that without a vehicle pass?

They can’t prevent you from bringing in another vehicle for the lottery, but they do frown on it. :evil

If the camper sits in the bed of your truck then it has to be in the truck and therefore requires a license plate. You cannot take a hard sided camper off the truck.

By the way, I won’t be at the Folks Fest, but have fun.