Camping Questions

I’m a first timer, and I have some questions . . .

Do I need to go find a spot at the Park Meadows campground before Friday? I can’t leave Ft. Collins until about noon on Friday, but will it be difficult to find a spot then? I have purchased a camping ticket.

My friend and her partner are staying in the onsite camping area and I am in Park Meadows, so will I be able to go into their campsite to hang out with them at night? Or they into mine? How does this work?

Thanks!!

Meadow park is a fairly big place you should be fine. The people fighting for spots want specific spots along the river and on-site. The bulk of the space in Meadow park is a large grass field. No worries

Unfortunately, you won’t be able to get into the on-site camping. They might be able to visit you at Meadow Park, but it would kind of be a favor from the folks at the gate.

Meadow park gate staff seems pretty hardcore this year. I’d just have them tube in to Meadow park to say hello. :wave

Happy Festivating! :cheers

Is there a land rush like at Telluride? Do we really need to line up at 9am on Thursday to get a decent spot for our families? If we paid for camping Wednesday night can we claim a good spot that way for the festival?

This is the first time Planet Bluegrass hasn’t allowed folks to set up in Meadow Park on Monday. That being said, this is nothing like Telluride. Meadow Park is huge and super mellow. Last year, for example, there were tons of awesome shady spots that no one camped in all weekend.

I’m in onsite, not meadow…is that the same?

The vehicle line-up for the on-site campground will be held beginning on Thursday morning (same day the on-site campground opens) at the new Planet Bluegrass Farm property - beginning with a number lottery from 9am-noon. Here are those details:
http://www.bluegrass.com/folks/rules.html#CampingLine

As far as Lavern Johnson (Meadow) Park… we will allow campers who are camping in the official Town campsites on Wednesday night (via reservations with the Town) to remain in those camping spots through the festival if they have Folks Fest camping passes for Lavern Johnson (Meadow) Park. But there are generally plenty of other great camping spots available in this Park during Folks Fest…

Do you really need to line up on Thursday to get a camping spot for the weekend?
I have read all the webpages and it is pretty unclear. Will we get a spot if we arrive mid-day on Friday for onsite camping?

I have the same question about when to secure camping for Laverne Johnson Park, which I"m realizing is the same as Meadow Park. First timer, having a really hard time finding out when and where we can get in.

This is my first Colorado music festival after years on the east coast, and I"m shocked there is no Facebook or reddit group to help new people navigate!

We were planning to leave on Friday, but after reading what little I could find, my husband and I decided we’d be in Lyons tomorrow at 9:00 am, for our spot in Laverne Johnson Park (we bought a car pass). Here’s hoping we get there! We’re seeing JRAD tomorrow evening at Red Rocks and i hope our space is safe and we can go in and out.

Looking forward to the music, but really anxious about setup. Advice is apprecaited!

Are propane fire pits allowed?