Campground differences

I’m looking to buy tickets for my first trip. It looks like there are only two camping options for the festival - on-site campground and the Meadows Park campground.

Apart from the distance and price, what are some differences between the two?
Does one have more of a late-night party vibe, and one more quiet family vibe?
Is one more crowded than the other?
Does one have better luck finding shade for a tent if arriving Thursday mid-day?

I’ll be coming solo, stay up late, and enjoy meeting new people.
Thanks for answers to the above or any others! :flower

For Folks I would say onsite is probably better for some possible shade and due to proximity. Onsite would be slightly more crowded I would think.

I stay in Meadow Park (Now called Laverne M Johnson) only because we generally have a large group that arrive at various times. Not a whole heck of a lot going on late in Meadow, I am assuming onsite would have a little bit more “night life”

The number line is fun though and a good way to meet people.

The Planet Bluegrass Ranch is all the way around amazing so you can’t go wrong. Enjoy.

-Nate Grant

:wave - Onsite camping for Folks Fest has two distinct areas…the main area downstage from the festival where folks camp with their vehicle and have a vehicle pass…this is directly inside the the main entry onto the Planet Bluegrass ranch. The other area is a walk-in tent only camping area behind the stage, so upstage…its kinda L-shaped and is bordered by the highway, the river and the fenced-offbackstage area. Folks attending Song School during the week before the festival camp in this area. There is not a lot of shade per se…a small stand in the middle of this camping area plus a few trees along the St. Vrain river. A MAJOR improvement last year was the replacement of the wood mulch with lush green sod grass. The walk in area definitely has tents closer together akin to Warner Field in Telluride but the nights are pretty quiet as many families pitch their tents here.

I find that I run into the same groups of folks and families every year…so that’s really cool. I’ve camped in both the vehicle camping on-site and the tent only…I prefer the tent only area over the last 10-15 years I’ve attended this great festival.

Good luck…you can’t really go wrong in any of the these camping areas! :cheers

Paul
Camp HulaGanz!

The Lorax posted his bit about free coffee before he learned that I retired from the coffee business. But meadow Park is still my favoriute place to camp. But If you are looking for late night parties, On Site camping is better.