Camp Run a Muck @ Hardly Strictly 11

Greetings Festivarians -

We hope this e-mail finds you all well. I am sure a lot of you are continuing to
enjoy the summer and the end of the festival season, in particular.

Kapt Karlos, Hippie Jerry, and Erndog are enjoying this festival season, and later this year,
the 10th annual Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival in San Francisco. For 2011,
we’ve managed to secure the newly remodeled Rob Hill Campground in the Presidio -
the same campground where we’ve held a couple camp outs for Hardly Strictly over the
years.

For those of you receiving this message, you may or may not be aware of the Hardly
Strictly Bluegrass Festival or what exactly we’ve got going on there.

The Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival is a FREE festival held in the Golden Gate
Park in San Francisco California every year around the Oct. 1st time-frame. The
lineup is fantastic and there are several stages featuring all sorts of music. The
festival has grown somewhat, now that it’s in it’s 10th year, and the music starts
on Friday afternoon/evening with a couple of acts. Things pick up Saturday/Sunday,
and the music runs from about 10:00 am or so to 7:00 pm or so.

http://www.strictlybluegrass.com/

Those of you familiar with San Francisco probably know that hotels can be expensive
and it can be a difficult city to get around. What some of you probably don’t know
is that there is National Park Campground located right smack in the middle of the
city at the Presidio, overlooking the ocean and the Golden Gate Bridge. This is
called the Rob Hill Campground, and for the third or fourth time over the last 10
years, Camp Runamuck has had the good fortune to secure 2 of the 4 group camping
sites for the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival. We have room for about 55 campers
and plan on holding a terrific camp out for the festival including:
* Chartered transportation to and from the festival every morning and evening (Rob
Hill is a short couple-of-mile drive away from the Golden Gate Park)
* Catered breakfasts and dinners as well as boxed lunches for the festival
* Plenty of beer, wine, sodas, and water available on our
strategically-early-morning-placed tarps close to the front of a couple of the main
stages
* Lots of fun, friendship, and fellowship around the campfire each night after
dinner following the festival
We will have about 20 or camping spots available for Thursday afternoon, Sept. 29th.
The rest of the campground (about 25-30 spots or so) will be available Friday Sept.
30th. We will have to be out of the campground by noon Monday, Oct. 3rd.

http://www.presidio.gov/experiences/camp.htm

http://www.presidio.gov/directions/destinations/rob.htm

http://sfcitizen.com/blog/2010/05/04/newly-refurbished-rob-hill-campground-in-the-presidio-is-too-cheap-and-too-popular/

The fee for all of this incredible weekend will be $245 per person. There will also be 4 reserved parking sites available for sale adjacent to the campgrounds - if you live in the area or would be
driving out and plan on sleeping in a conversion van or camper truck, one of these
spots may be for you. I doubt we’d be able to put anything larger than a van or
pickup truck in one of these spots, but more info on that soon.

We are now ready to receive reservations for this great party Remember, we are constrained to only about 55 people for this event - a number enforced by the Park Service, and if the response is anything like we’ve had in the past, we expect to have the camp ground sold out in a couple of weeks.

Once again, hope to see you all around the campfire this year! Some photos of the
newly remodeled campground and surrounding area are attached. Feel free to pass
this message along to any of your friends or anyone you know who may be interested in
joining us this year. You can also visit the “Camp Run A Muck” page on Facebook,
where we will be posting additional information and chatting about the event.

Erndog, Jerry, Karlos

Jerry,

Count me in for two! At this point I would say that we will arrive on Friday. Where do I send the money! :pirate

just curious??? It says there is no parking at the camp ground??? Is there parking for vehicles somewhere else in the park???

There is plenty of parking nearby, and a lot we can shutlle to and from very close. You won’t need your vehicle once it’s unloaded.

:peace

Excellent!

I have my ticket punched for HSBG 2011! How bout a role call! Who of you will be joining us on the tarps and in the campground for the 10th HSBG Festival! let’d hear it! :cheers :concert :pirate :pirate

I am fortunate to be able to attend HSBG one more time this year. This will be only my third but I think I know my way around pretty well.

I’ll be staying at a home just north of Geary on, I think, 16th so I’ll be right in the middle of the Run a muck camp and the fest. I THINK there will be one or two others with me, and we usually try to get there in time for the first set each day.

I’d love to meet up with some fellow Town Park festivarians (been to TBF probably 10 times)! I guess the best way to do that would be to figure out what stage(s) you’ll be at and look for people having WAY too good a time. So after the stage schedules come out, I’ll check back here to see what you all have in mind.

Larry,
Michael and I plan to join the Run a Muckers at HSBG and in the campground. I guess that makes us an official part of Run a Muck West.

Have fun at Strawberry!!

Ellen,

You were missed a lot!!! We are looking to hanging with you guys in SF. Next year come on out for Strawberry! See you in a month!!

Greetings
Festivarians!

Hope everyone had terrific Labor Day weekend! We are just about two weeks away
from the Hardly
Strictly festivities in the Golden Gate Park and we’re gearing up for another
great festival experience this year.

The line-up is out and it’s looking pretty good. Individual stage schedules
haven’t been set
yet, but are expected to be published soon. Also, there seems to be more music
on Friday than in previous years. More information about the music and line-up can
be found here: http://www.strictlybluegrass.com/

I am pleased to say we are getting checks from confirmed
campers. If you are planning on camping with us but haven’t paid,
please do the following:

1. i) Please contact me ASAP so that you
    can be counted for catering purposes
  2. ii) Payment
    can be made via Paypal at: rundead1@yahoo.com;
    you can send a check or money order to: Erik Ernstrom, 1108 Lavaca St.; Suite
    110-173, Austin, TX 78701; or we can
    make other payment arrangements such as Chase Quickpay or some other means

If If you are a bay-area person and don’t plan on camping with
us, but plan on joining on the tarp, please let us know as well! A modest
donation to Camp Run A Muck will get
you a spot on the tarp as well as some tasty beverages during the festival - -
but we need to know who you are!

Once registered and paid, we will send out brief data

sheet to confirm your arrival and departure dates and times, whether you’re
flying or driving in, etc. This
information is important so we can make sure you get a parking pass, understand
your preferences for food and beverages, etc. We also may be able to accommodate
some riders to the San Francisco
airport on Monday, Oct. 3rd, departure time from Rob Hill to be
determined.

Some have asked about transportation to the Rob Hill Camp
site. Probably one of the best ways to
get from the airport to Rob Hill is by way of the Super Shuttle:
http://www.supershuttle.com/en/SFOAirportShuttleSanFrancisco.html

The campground is located on Central Magazine Rd., and
near the intersection of Central Magazine and Washington Blvd. in the Presidio.
According to the Super Shuttle web site, a
one-way fare from SFO to the Presidio is about $17.00 per person.

Finally, if you can’t make, but know others who may be interested in camping with
us, please feel free to pass this along!

Please let me know if you have any questions, and we are
looking forward to seeing you all soon!

Happy Festivating!
Karlos, Jerry, and Erndog

Hey Larry,
ARGH or is it ARRR!

Hugs,
Ellen

Ellen,

Thanks for reminding me that the 19th was ITLAPD. I had completely forgotten. Not much of a Pirate I guess! :concert :pirate

Anyone out there traveling through Sacramento on your way to Hardly Strictly? I may need a ride for either me or my Sweetie! Thanks in advance! :pirate

Many Many Thanks to Hippie and Erndog and Kaptin Karlos for hosting our Hardly Strictly BlueGrass experience. We were an intimate group and we had a ball. Perfect weather,incredible catered meals, yummy bevarges, and you know what the music was pretty good too. It was a pleasure festivating with all of you…and I can’t wait to party with 800,000 of my closest friends again! Oh and I almost forgot…Hippie did an icredible “Burning Man” impression!! Gotta Love It! :cheers :pirate