Bill Monroe 100th Birthday Celebration featuring all of the BG Hall of Fame

Virtually every living member of the Bluegrass Hall of Fame (who still performs) will be at the International Bluegrass Music Museum’s Bill Monroe Centennial Celebration with their respective bands, Sept 12-14, 2011! I’m not sure if there has ever been a concert of this historical magnitude?

How about this for an incredible line-up: Jesse McReynolds, Earl Scruggs, Ralph Stanley, Mac Wiseman, Doc Watson, J. D. Crowe, Bobby Osborne, Eddie Adcock, Tom Gray, Kenny Baker, Curly Seckler, Everett Lilly, The Lewis Family, Bill Clifton, Rodney Dillard, Melvin Goins, Paul Williams. Other Pioneers and Blue Grass Boys will be performing, as well. WOW.

The Bill Monroe Centennial Celebration will be held September 12, 13 & 14, 2011, at RiverPark Center in Owensboro, Ky. The event celebrates the life and 100th birthday of Bill Monroe, i.e., the Father of Bluegrass music, who was born in nearby Rosine, Ky., on September 13, 1911.

The IBMM’s web site is http://www.bluegrassmuseum.org, but I don’t think they have information up about the event yet. It’s possible it could sell out with very little publicity because there are only 1250 seats available. Call 270-926-7891 if you want more info.