best day?

Hey BG music lovers, having a little dis-agreement on which music day is better between Fri. or Sat.
Would like to hear from anyone, your imput is greatly appreciated.

ANSWER:
SATURDAY
NO, FRIDAY
NO, SATURDAY
NO, FRIDAY
NO, SATURDAY
NO, FRIDAY
:sorry :cow :swearing :bash :bash

What’s the use in trying to decide that before it’s even happened?

Are you trying to decide which day to attend if you only had one?

If that’s the case I think it depends on your musical preferences.

Personally, I couldn’t miss Sammy’s Saturday night set. Plus you get Jerry, Yonder, and BRUCE!

Then again, Friday evening is a sure smoker - Del into Leftover into Fogerty!?!? Fuhgettaboutit.

Man, I really don’t know what to say…

Sorry, should have been more clear, yes we are attending one day, was looking at line up and found it hard to decide which day to attend, thought imput from other concert goers would help me decide,
thanks for your thoughts.

You should really attend both days, bottom line. However, if you can only do one day, then do the day that works best for your schedule because either of them will be so awesome, GUARANTEED!

Consider this: The weather forcast for that week, the line up and what time of day your favs play, are you a morning, afternoon or late night kinda guy/gal?

Yes.

Friturday :wink: Would be my choice for sure!!

:lol :lol :lol :lol

To seriously answer the question, I’d do Saturday. Sam’s set is always a highlight for me, plus you get Yonder, Mr. Hornsby, Mr. Douglas, and I really like The Devil Makes Three…

Not to say Fogerty wouldn’t be completely awesome, but if I had to pick one of the two days, that’s what I’d go with. Luckily, I don’t have to make that choice for myself.

In situations like this I always try to consider who I’ll not easily get a chance to see again. But break it down:

Fogerty vs Bush: (???) It’s hard to imagine missing Sammy’s set, BUT Fogerty? this one is a toss up…

Leftover vs k.d. lang: (FRIDAY) No contest, LOS. But someone inclined to mellow sounds might disagree. LOS can easily be caught elsewhere this year if you’re a kd lang fan.

Hornsby vs Bela/Roberts: (FRIDAY) I’m really stoked about this Bela set. After Del’s preservation jazz colab, I cant wait to see how they approach this. Then again Bruce would be amazing to see, and Bela/Roberts are playing in Moab a couple months later. I still probly go with bela here

Del vs Yonder: Del. (FRIDAY) Love Yonder, but if I have to choose its Del since YMSB is always around

tim vs jerry: (SATURDAY) I’d go jerry on the funky set over a traditional Tim O and fam. another close call

Devil Makes Three vs Meyer/Marshal: (???) DMT’s stompin debauchery, or MM’s innovation and inevitable appearances from chris or bela. Impossible choice, because drunkish in telluride, DMT is more fun, but MM is mind blowing if less of a party. what’s your mood?

H4tH and Seryn vs band comp people: (FRIDAY) Run boy run wasnt my favorite band in the comp last year. It’s good and polished, but I’m not sure they’re deep enough for a full t-ride set. I’d usually rather dance than do the troubadour deal, and the new band comp winner is a wildcard. I’ll take head for the hills any day - they’re one of the hottest around right now. throw in some beard rock on the side.

I guess that means I’d pick Friday mainly on my perceived weakness of Lang and the singer/songwriter stuff. Then again If you pick Sam, DMT, and Yonder in those close ones, that puts the tempo back into Saturday! :lol I guess it’s too close to call; gotta decide who’s on your bucket list!

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR IMPUT< I WISH I DID NOT HAVE TO MAKE A CHOICE FOR FRI OR SAT> BUT EITHER DAY WILL BE GREAT!!!

If I may.

The topic is, “best day”.

First of all, regardless of the music, the “first” and the “last” day are essentially be definition the “best”, or the “worst”.

Musically?, same holds true. But, of all the days, Sunday is the day “most likely to be repeated”, and, again the ol’ Thunder Jam you see but once a year.

Not a flight to Australia can change that.

But Thursday may be more compelling than Sunday.

I am very, very glad I don’t have to choose.

Wonder if we are getting tested a little? Can there be another surprise ?