Beer. It's whats for breakfast!

I guess I’ll get this started since we’re only 3 months away… And, since there seems to be lots of new folks or folks who haven’t been in a long time, this one’s an easy one for everyone no matter where you are camped or staying. Last few years we’ve been doing it at 11:59am Town Park Time, on Tuesday “Pre Fest”, at the Waterfall in Town Park, so I vote we keep this time and space.

2023 Beer share is upon us. This is a community wide open event for anyone attending TBF and in Telluride for Pre-Fest on Tuesday. Will need a few folks to lend tables, and shade/hail protection, and a hydration station. I can bring a table, 1 EZ-UP, and 5 gallons of water. Maybe others can chime in with a few more tables, and shade!

Festivarians will gather at the Town Park Bear Creek Falls and sharing beers, cider, homebrew, mead, etc… Bring some of your favorite local beers, or something special from your cellar, and all us beer nerds will scrutinize your choices! hehehe All styles, flavors are welcome. If you can’t or don’t have beers to contribute you can bring snacks, or it’d be so awesome if a group could turn this into a meal event! Anyway, we’ll shoot the shit, talk breweries, and enjoy beers from around the globe while meeting new friends and seeing all the familiar faces.
Folks not camping in Town park are welcome to visit and partake in all the pre-fest events through Wednesday evening.
This event usually last about 2 hours, and will be over by 3pm, come early!

10 Likes

Huzzah! I’ve been hoping you’d make this post soon.

And with that, I have officially started the 50th Annual TBF Calendar of Events. Add it to your calendar to help keep track of all of the fun Town Park Events, Main Stage, Nightgrass, and more!

(click here for a non-Google login version of the calendar instead)

Amped for all of the planning yet to come!

6 Likes

I was surprised and impressed last year to sample some quite nice IPAs from Slovakia! Who knows what will be represented this year!

3 Likes

Yes! I think I tried beers from 5-6 countries last year, and had countless beers I’d never heard of before!

1 Like

Sounds like a lot of fun. I got a couple different kinds of Carson City NV homebrew I will be bringing thanks for the invite!

2 Likes

Whoever brought pFriem Pilsner last year, please do so again. Hell, I’ll even pay you for a sixer!

2 Likes

I will attend…though i only partake of non alcohol beers,i have found many i like…
I still love beer.
If you will have me​:v::v::v:

2 Likes

Non-Alcoholic beers are really hitting their stride right now and they’re certainly welcomed!

3 Likes

I will see you soon!!
Enjoy some beer,company…new friends

1 Like

I’ve been enjoying many NA beers lately, there’s some good ones!

2 Likes

And away we go …

You know Im good for at least one table and easy up. The meal idea is very interesting

2 Likes

I live in Golden and plan to brew something for the beer share! Any other front range homebrewers interested in collaborating?!

Sorry to say there will be no Lithuanian beers this year!

Those beers were awesome!

1 Like

Dammit Chris! I hope you bring something else lovely to make up for this glaring lack of foresight.

@thewiz I’m bringing myself!! Anything else has ALWAYS been a bonus!

2 Likes

Lucas had a great idea the other day. Let’s try and get at least 4-5 tables and shelters (for hail or sun), and separate beers by styles. The Wiz also suggested we have tubs of ice on tables to keep things chilled. I think it’d be nice to also have a 5 gallon rinse/water container at each table.
In the past we’ve typically had 4-5 tables, but not always enough sun/hail protection, and it can be brutal that time of day!
Don’t forget to be there and start drinking at 11:59am, or you won’t be able to claim that you drank all day! To be on time you’ll want to already be at the Totshot thongie which I believe starts at 10:30am. This is Tuesday for those keeping track.
Also if it hasn’t been mentioned or you forgot, the Beer Share takes place in the area by the Bear Creek Waterfall in Town Park.
Maybe the folks from Cat Fact Corner, can come change the sign to Beer Creek!
Here’s some pics of the 2021 and 2018 Beer Shares, can’t find any Hail pics, but Hail is real, and 2019 was a cold rainy hail filled share but still awesome!

I can bring 1 table, 1 shelter, 2 tubs, and 1 5gal water cooler. And contribute a bag of ice.

3 Likes

Genius!!!

Logistical note: assuming reveg is in the same spot as last year, we can use that corner spot where we (Trailer Smash) normally camp for events space again. We used it for Tots last year, Hulaganz used it for Ramen, etc. At the end of tots we can just convert those 1-2 EZ ups and several tables over to beer share?

Here’s how it was set up for tots last year (I think that’s a Hulaganz EZ Up?):

Yes, yes it is.

2 Likes

Great video! Sounds like we’re pretty covered with @Crawdaddy bringing another shelter and table. Maybe we can play the ice tubs by ear. Could be 35 degrees, might feel like your skin is melting!

1 Like

Ill have a bunch of empty coolers, at least 4 of those cheap 48qt ones. Theyll.be washed but probably colored red from spices

3 Likes