Anyone seen Sierra Hull play?

Anyone heard of her? :eek
Pretty impressive little player from TN. From what I gather she’s about 13, now.

This is the video that made me aware of her. Totally impressive.

Sierra Hull & Sam Bush

Here’s her website:

Sierra Hull’s Website http://www.sierrahull.com

I’m listening to her now!
WOW! :clap

She’s another Chris Thile.
I’d love to see her at Telluride!

I still haven’t heard her album, but the video knocked my socks off.

Hot on the heels of Sarah Jarosz.

OH WOW!!!
I am once again blown away by the talent of our youth! something tells me, that before long, the title of this thread will be changed to " where can I see Sierra Hull play" :pickin

Saw that link to You tube of her and Sam,
over on another board. Pretty amazing!

(Wonder what she’ll be like at 12, 15, 20???)

Bluegrass Dustin,
That was filmed in my hometown, Lexington, KY on the “Woodsongs Old Tyme Radio Hour” which is live every Monday night at 7:00pm. It is filmed in the historic Kentucky Theatre. You can watch it on line through a WEB CAST. It plays worldwide on the radio, usually on Saturday nights, 8:00pm E.

www.woodsongs.com / - 8k - Cached - Similar pages

Webcast - www.woodsongs.com/webcast.htm
Podcast - www.woodsongs.com/woodsongs-podcast.html
TV hour - www.woodsongs.com/tv.html
General Store - www.woodsongs.com/store_regular.htm

Check it out,

Prospector.

Yup! Let’s get that yong lady on stage! :slight_smile:

Hope Lin :pickin

yes!!!

Sierra Hull was a big hit at Merlefest this year. I am sure we will be seeing lots more of her at festivals near us!

LuAnna

Truly could probably add something here because she went to Mando Mania at Merlefest and i couldn’t miss the Waybacks at the same time.

LuAnna

There’s a new video of Sarah on You Tube, and she’s is absolutely tearing it up on Roanoake. On guitar! And she’s looking good. What a picker!

Err, I might be getting here a bit late but…I vote for Sierra Hull at TBF 2009 ! :medal
I bought her debute album when it had just come out (produced by AKUS member Ron Block) and was an instant fan :slight_smile:
She’s totally gifted and a master of her instrument, but she’s also got tons of soul in her playing, and her licks are as tasteful as it gets (I can hear quite a lot of Adam Steffey in her playing)…
So, in case no one had thought of it yet and she’s not fully booked up for june: get her to come and grace Telluride’s stage with her talent :slight_smile:
oohhh it would be sooo amazing…