Any sets from the fest been up loaded?

yeh
once the files complete downloading and are decoded through the flac frontend http://flac.sourceforge.net/download.html
they will be in wav format
wav formatted files, which play directly through windows media player, should be able to loaded to an ipod or any mp3 type music player
and basically with flac, just unzip the file, drag and drop all of the music files into the flac window and click the decode button. you’ll have to direct the completed files where to go… ie, windows media, desktop folder, itunes, etc.
hope this helps useless joe :bubbles

and there are several other ways as mentioned…

Can I load on to itunes?

Yes and then to get into a format that does not take up more space you can highlight the wav files in itunes and under advanced there should be a “create aac version”

I then go back and delete the wav files, keeping the flac and the aac.

i saw lots of microphones during the workshops! i missed the bela fleck workshop, but my hubby was there, and he says the same die hard guy was there with his rig. i’m waiting patiently as well, but i have hope. if i see it somewhere before i notice a link here, i’ll be sure to post it. :thumbsup

my brother said he saw at least two sets of mics during the RRE/GSBG workshop, too!

some of these archive.org sets (eg nightgrass) are downloadable directly into a zipped mp3 folder, in which case you can download, unzip, and drop directly into itunes (as the unzipped files will be mp3 play ready).

or, you can take the time to ftp download the flac files, which are lossless (mp3 is lossy)

Does anyone know if Crooked Still at Fly me to the moon was recorded? I didn’t see any mics, but thought maybe there were some folks patched into the soundboard. That was pretty much my favorite show of the weekend.

IF that wasnt recorded, are there any other full shows of them for download anywhere that anyone may know of?

http://tela.sugarmegs.org/alpha/c.html
scroll down alphabetically untill the crooked still shows come up
theres about 10 or so crooked still shows…

that’s the best collection of Crooked Still i’ve seen in one place! cool!

however, the only TBF show on that site is the 2007 fest set, far as i can tell.

did i miss something?

also, ejmusicman, i also question whether or not there was a taper there – that show was epic, but the place was so small i assumed i’d have seen a mic if it was there: i was both all the way in the front, then all the way in the back.

by the way, i haven’t seen anyone mention this – and maybe i’m the only star-struck goon here – but ed helms (from “the office” and formerly of “the daily show”) was at that CS nightgrass show.

haha no way! he was there? I was all the way in the back near the soundboard during most of the show. I know that he is an avid banjo player so that dosent surprise me, but thats pretty cool.

I really enjoyed the whole show. All the guest in the second set was pretty incredible. I hope there is some recording of it even if its not available just so it was archived!

David Byrne is up @:
http://www.cotapers.org/torrents.php

ENJOY again… :cheers

Sam Bush and David Byrne are now available on Colorado tapers…

yeh! thanks cotapers
heres a link…
http://cotapers.org/torrents.php
this site is great! :tapers
cant wait to get home from work today and listen to those shows. especially the david byrne one… i was so pleasantly surprised by how great a time that was, and for me it was so unexpected… byrne can definitely bring the funk!

Thanks to all the tapers, good effort guys. :wave

Been listening to the posts, amazing!

:tapers thank you thank you thank you! :flower

Zach Brown Band up now at cotapers.org

:cheers

Yeah! I know what I am doing tonight!

You guys Rock! … Got David Byrne and Sam Bush, currently downloading the FLAC file for Zack Brown.
Had some probs with converting for burning to a CD, but got it all figured out. To assist any others that also may have probs, here’s what I did:
Download Torrent file (.flac files).
Used MediaCoder (free download) to convert FLAC files to Lame Mp3’s. (at this point, all the files came in with a ‘length’ of 27:11:03 … which prevented them from being burned :frowning: … too long).
Used Audacity (free download) to import the Lame Mp3’s and exported project as .mp3 file (leave default compression … ‘most flexible’ one … NOT ‘most compatible’.
Exported mp3 files can be burned to a disk (CD) that will play on any CD player with Mp3 support.

If there was an easier way to get CD’s that will play in most CD players, then I’m all ears ;).

At any rate, many thanks to those that took the time and effort to post the sets!!
/r

Kevin

You’d be much better off transcoding the .flac files to .wavs instead of .mp3s. mp3 is a lossy format. You lose some of the sound quality when you go to/from mp3.

There are several programs that will convert flac files to wav. A few of them were mentioned earlier in this post. I still use the original - http://flac.sourceforge.net/download.html

Bob

Hi Bob,
Thanks for the recommendation to use WAV files instead. Audacity supports that as well. I was just used to mp3. I’ll try the .wav route for the Zack Brown files.

The CD’s I’d made so far sound pretty good (mp3) on the surround sound, but I’ll definitely try out the .wav route.
Thank you for the advice!!
/r

Kevin