Any/All suggestions/solutions for Pass Sales

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Actually, didn’t Warners and 4 days holiday price sell out in something like 47 min…? SO, even those of us who tried to stay on top of things were still shut out…so, no there was no 3 week warning etc…

That was a great post TRL… Yup, like it or not, some of us have lives outside Bluegrass… :flower Then, there are some of us who would go for our annual family reunion even if there was no music and it’s almost as vital as blood that we be there…

Regardless of how tickets are divvied out, some people are going to get left out. If they’re apportioned in some what that makes it easier for you to get your tickets when you want them, it will necessarily make it more difficult for someone else to get them. Tickets are a commodity; there aren’t unlimited numbers of them. There is competition for them.

So, again… Which way is more fair than “first come, first served?” If there is some secret club that gets first dibs, is it fair that there are fewer tickets available for people outside of that club (regardless of whether that club is a “veterans” club)? If they do sales in phases, is it fair for someone who has money available only during the first phase, but couldn’t get in because the first phase ran out of tickets too soon, as a result of some being held back for a later phase?

No matter what, people are going to get left out. Yes, it sucks (don’t confuse my appeal to justice with insensitivity). But seriously, any solution that is specially tailored for your situation will make it more difficult for someone else to get their tickets. The important thing is not who gets in, but that the process allowed everyone an equal shot; and considering there was a three week period in which anyone could buy tickets, I don’t know how anyone could argue that it wasn’t fair.

Well the name of the post is : Any/All suggestions/solutions for Pass Sales;

So I guess that’s a suggestion that no changes need to take place.

Fair enough thanks for your comment. :thumbsup

Who else.

As a younger member of the TBF Family I would be opposed to any sort of “special” treatment for vets. Part of what I enjoy about Telluride is exposing new people to the best music festival in the world. I understand that I am lucky to have tickets. I understand that some people who have attended for years don’t have tickets. I understand that next year I might be the person who wont have tickets. I accept that its a lottery and will continue to enter as long as I have just as much of a chance as hitting the jackpot as everyone else.

Just my opinion please keep the Smites to a minimum Im new here. :cheers

:welcome to the festivities Mr.T
First OFF I must say… Nice boots… :thumbsup

Just curious Are you on individual days or 4 day passes, and which day did you enter the lottery.

Either way Glad to hear you got your passes!! Sounds like the lottery worked for you.
I appreciate your comments and especially your willingness to be an understanding festivarian.

Seems to me we all need to remember that PB is a for profit business… Yeah its a drag hunting for tickets. We got shut out of Warner this year but some friends came through for us, so we consider ourselves fortunate.

But when I talk to non-TBF friends about ticket sales, sell-outs, etc, the most common response is “guess ticket prices will be going up next year, huh?” But guess what… they most likely will not. Which brings me back to my original point. PB could probably stem some of this by raising ticket prices. I don’t know about you, but 4 days of kick ass music and camping for less than $300 seems like a steal to me.

Would increased ticket prices lead do decreased demand? How much would the price need to increase before any of us would consider not going?

I for one appreciate PB’s commitment to keeping prices reasonable while at the same time providing maximum fun-ness. My guess is this ticket situation is something we’re all going to have to learn to deal with. My vote is for a 100% democratic lottery for all tickets.

And having just seen WSP at the Fillmore w/ flash tix, I have to say that system seemed to keep the scalpers to a minimum.

Finally, I must say that a preference points based system just seems extremely un-festivarian.

I’m not sure exactly how the demographics of this new surge of demand could theoretically absorb a raise in ticket prices, although my suspicion is that there’s a bit of affluency on average which could allow a decent sized uptick without affecting demand. In other words, we might see the same demand scenario play out if 4-day pass were priced at $285; however, this would just make it harder on people who don’t necessarily have the wherewithall and who’ve been dedicated followers of PB events for a number of years. I think PB has made what seem to be only necessary small incremental increases in pricing to cover their costs and remain economically viable.

I’d be cautious to look for a substantial increase in pricing as a “solution” to a perceived “problem” … as it may have many unintended consequences. One of my least favorite weekends in Telluride is that of Film Fest, I don’t begrudge the festival or any individual, but there definitely seems to be a certain attitude in the air which is a bit abrasive. Perhaps there’s a correlation with their pricing:

http://telluridefilmfestival.org/show/passes

TRL, I was very lucky and got 4 day TP passes. I was also on my computer ready to go the second the ticket lottery opened. My wife also entered the lottery but she was not selected. Last year I was shut out completely and only got tickets about 2 weeks before the fest. I guess the mad scrabble last year put me on high alert to enter the lottery ASAP the following year.

I think that being somewhat new to the festival (only 3 times) it’s pretty hard to find tickets if you are shut out due to the fact that I’m not connected to a large group or camp that might have extra tickets.Without that network of long time festi-friends I was kind of on my own in terms of searching out tickets. Lucky for me my constant emails to complete strangers on this board helped secure me a ticket (thanks swanders :thumbsup) which I think is a great example of how awesome this community can be to each other.

We’re not really that strange, are we? (besides Hooch, of course) :wink:
Yes, the FestiTicketFairy works in mysterious ways. Faith & patience are a tough sell sometimes.
T, looks as if you really do have shorter shorts! :eek Didn’t think it was possible… :cheers

Mr. T, no offense, but if you sit like that in Run-a-muck, well, I’m gonna be sick :hooch. And that’s saying a lot.

:dance

:lol :medal Yep that’s what I was thinkin Billy B :medal :flower :lol

Meh…

You guys have no sense of adventure. :thumbsup

:lol :lol You go lil cowgirl :lol

I’m just guessing here, but the perfect storm may be passing by. There are a lot of festivals, and a lot of folks out exploring them. Next year, I bet tickets don’t go so fast.

Interesting point…pilgrim99

Yeah, we all need to get on all our social media sites and talk about how terrible this festival is… :evil :cheers :lol and how XXXX festival is so much better

I heard you can catch telluremia if you drink the water there And there’s been undocumented cases of herpagoneritis going around there as well. :wink:

You are almost guaranteed to catch Telluremia and there is no cure… and you get reinfected worse each year that you go!