Another loss

I know… I’m dating myself, but…

Dave Clark Five singer dies of pneumonia

I used to listen to them way back when. :flower

:angel

Hey Tom; Dave Clark Five? wow, that is even before MY time! :o)-
Seriously though, these viruses that are going around lately are some terrible ones! I had the sinus one and it had caused fluid in my lungs, with fortune I caught it in the early stages. With so many of us humans on the planet and with us all being so mobile and with us gathering together we tend to transfer and share not only fun but our illnesses.
More than ever we need to be careful so that we all stay around for a really long time! Wash your hands often and please cover your mouths when you cough and sneeze!
Take care.
Teresa

Composer of Angel eyes now has them…

This from radio Netherlands:
Blues singer Jeff Healey dead
Published: Monday 03 March 2008 07:39 UTC
Last updated: Monday 03 March 2008 15:07 UTC
Toronto - The Canadian blues singer and guitarist Jeff Healey has died in a hospital in Toronto. He was 41 and had been suffering from cancer for several years.

Jeff Healey, who was blind from early childhood, made his debut in 1988 with the album See the Light. He lost his sight when his eyes had to be removed due to a tumour.

He had a unique method of playing: he sat with the guitar lying flat on his lap. Musicians Healey played with during his career included B.B. King, Stevie Ray Vaughan and George Harrison.

:flower

It’s so strange how these types of things really do happen in 3’s. :frowning:

R.I.P. Buddy Miles :angel:

Wed. Feb. 27th:

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Drummer Buddy Miles, who played with Jimi Hendrix in his short-lived group, Band of Gypsys, died at his home in Austin, Texas on Tuesday, his publicist said.

Miles, who was 60, suffered from congestive heart failure, Duane Lee said on Wednesday. He did not know the official cause of death.

With his bombastic style, the former teen prodigy helped develop such musical forms as funk metal and acid jazz thanks to his work with such guitarists as John McLaughlin, Mike Bloomfield and Carlos Santana.

In 1967, he and Bloomfield co-founded Electric Flag, whose rock-brass sound influenced Chicago and Blood, Sweat & Tears.

But Miles is probably best known for his stint with Band of Gypsys, an all-black group put together by Hendrix in 1969 after the dissolution of the Jimi Hendrix Experience.

Miles and bass player Billy Cox, an old Army buddy of Hendrix’s, kicked the guitarist into a higher gear with an Afrocentric, polyrhythmic groove.

The funky sound marked a strong contrast from the melodic stylings of Hendrix’s English bandmates in the Experience, drummer Mitch Mitchell and bass player Noel Redding.

The Band of Gypsys are immortalized on an acclaimed album of the same name, which drew from four shows performed on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day 1970 at the Fillmore East in New York City. Miles contributed two of his own compositions, “We Gotta Live Together” and “Changes.”