America's first family of Bluegrass comes to New Jersey!

CHERRYHOLMES!
Friday, April 3, 2009 8pm
Pollak Theatre @ Monmouth University
$28-$33

2009 Grammy Nominated!
Cherryholmes is America’s new first family of bluegrass. “With this group, the future of bluegrass music is in very good hands”— Arkansas Democrat Gazette. They have won the 2005 IBMA Award for Entertainer of the Year and their selftitled album which debuted at No. 3 on Billboard’s Top Bluegrass Albums chart received a Grammy nod for Best Bluegrass Album of the Year. Their sound is made up of hard-driving instrumental virtuosity and explosive vocal harmonies, featuring a mixture of original songs written by the band along with carefully chosen classics. “We try to take the audience on a roller coaster ride, on purpose,” explains Jere Cherryholmes. You won’t be able to sit still.

Call 732-263-6889 for tickets or more information OR visit
Monmouth University’s peforming arts series

My family and I saw Cherryholmes at the Grand opera house in Wilmington De in early April, great show, and a great way to expose young girls to bluegrass. Cia is a beautiful young lady, and was very nice to my 7 YO daughter.

Both my 9 YO and 7 YO will choose Cherryholmes on their Ipods over Hannah Montana!

Jere Cherryholmes seems to be stepping aside to allow the kids room to shine, and open up. I miss his stage banter, but I am sure the Kids comfort level will grow, just as there musical abilities increase with experience.

Once again a great show, for all, kids love the energy and excitement and good looks only youthful bands can deliver. If you want a great band to expose your kids ( especially girls) to Bluegrass check out Cherryholmes.