Am I too late to attend this year?

Hi! My girlfriend and I are trying to plan a trip to the festival this year in our camper van but it seems we may be too late to the party. We want to attend Saturday and Sunday but it doesn’t seem there is any way of guaranteeing a spot to park and sleep. I see the 1st come 1st serve sites but not sure it would be worth the gamble to drive out there only to possibly strike out. Any thoughts or recommendations are welcome as we would be 1st timers to the area and festival.

1 Like

yep no spot.

1 Like

It’s not possible to drive in and park like that unfortunately. You need to try to buy camping or pay for accommodation, sorry but it’s a tiny space and that’s why there is so much competition for camping early on. Most vehicles get parked off site too.

1 Like

Yes we would be more than willing to pay for camping but it doesn’t seem like we have the option to do that. Does anyone have any experience staying at one of the forest service campgrounds. I am wondering if we were to show up Saturday if perhaps some people may be leaving as they only wanted to attend Thursday/Friday.

Official camping spots and tickets are still available via third parties. Vehicle passes are going to be hard to find! So you’ll have to tent camp. Most the accessible forrest camping is at least a 45 minute drive, and you won’t be allowed to drive into town. Best option for attending is finding someone selling a ticket that includes camping at Mary E, Warner, Town Park or Lawson.

Not realistic to show up with a camper on Saturday. The reality is that it’s the busiest day. If you don’t have a vehicle pass then you won’t be able to park and camp. It’s a small space! ( but stunning)

1 Like

Ok thank you for the feedback. Looks like we will
have to plan our summer trip elsewhere this year. We will definitely be signing in ticket release day next year. Until then, I hope everyone has a blast!

Or come without the camper and camp in one of the campgrounds. There are plenty of tickets being sold with camping

Even if next year you score a VP pass for your van, showing up after the music starts means you will be camping in a less than desirable spot. You need to be here at the load in which is Wednesday at the latest. Like our fan from down under said, its not a big area and the camping gets tight. But if you get a VP for Mary E next year, come early! We have a bunch of fun in TP the 5 days before the fest officially starts. The vehicle restrictions dont start until Wednesday

1 Like