30th Birthday on Telluride's 40th Anniversary

I turn 30 on June 7th 2013 and the Telluride Bluegrass Festival has it’s 40th Anniversary!

I live in Indiana, it’s a 26 hour drive. Please give me advice.

You could always fly to Denver and rent a car. I have had friends that have done that before.

Oh yeah I know. I guess my question is more like when do camping spots go on sale, what do I need to know about camping? What day do I need to get into Telluride to make sure I see absolutely everything? How much does late night stuff like Sheridan Opera House add to the cost?

Welcome Yard Gnome! :wave

First step will be to scour this forum. You will find answers to questions you didn’t even know you had. :lol Seriously, dedicate some time to it. I think you’ll find it entertaining and informational.

Then, keep an eye on http://www.bluegrass.com/telluride/. Sign up for the e-newsletter. That’ll keep you up to speed on dates, ticket prices, etc. 2012 prices are still up, which will give you a general idea.

Then prepare for the best time ever!!! :thumbsup

What part of Indiana are you from?

Indianapolis. I work at the Kurt Vonnegut Memorial Library.

Very cool. I have a ton of family spread through out Indiana. Some in Indy, some in Nashville, Shellbyville, and Greensburg. As Skubes said, there’s a lot of great info to be found on this forum. Go through some of the threads that were asking for advice and most of your questions will be answered. Then, if you still have some specific questions, ask away, and someone will be sure to answer you. :cheers

I’m from MinneApolis, and it takes me 13 days to fit in 10 days of fun, friends, and frolic @ the FeSTiVaaaaaL! :thumbsup I do set up camp for festifamily that don’t have the opportunity to take 13 days, and I wish I could stay longer and not drive straight to and fro…but there are plenty of festiFriends on this here forum that’ll tell you what you need to know. Right now you just start praying the :vibesTICKET FAIRY :angel is kind to you this November. :cheers

If you can swing it, I highly recommend getting into town a couple days before the music starts. That gives you time to settle down and get a good camping spot (esp if you’re thinking about camping in Townpark). It also gives you time to explore the town and meet people. Many of the established camps have events that can keep you busy throughout the day too. My friends and I get there about a week early and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

… resisting. the. urge. to. start. packing…

This year, SOH shows were $35, Fly Me To The Moon (and I think Palm Theater) were $20, and Yonder opening night was $25 or $30.