2023 Town Park Pre-Fest Activities Planning Thread!

TOm one year Dan made a bunch of round “TUITs” on one of his tools in his shop. He engraved them with TUIT on each side and gave to all his friends who always would say "one of these days I’ll get around to it, so he gave them round tuits and told them no more excuses! LOL I come across them at very random times still.

1 Like

Hulaganz will plan to do Ramen for our wonderful Goddesses on Sunday after they strut their stuff and work up an appetite that’s more than booze- approximately 6:30??? Things to bring:

-Chopsticks
-Your bowl
-Your Bowl
-Fixins of choice

Pickers welcome but no noses; instruments only please (post-covid sanitary concerns). #JahBlessTheSpliff

6 Likes

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

1 Like

Thanks for the chopstick reminder! Loaded in the camp bins. What type of fixins do you suggest for those that only eat Ramen at TBF?

1 Like

The T-Rex is gonna be happy! Yay for Ramen!

1 Like

Not to speak for Bridger but I know he doesn’t check here that frequently. In the past they’ve suggested things like: pickled veggies, mushrooms, miso paste, scallions, some funky sauce (like chili crisp or hoisin), perhaps a leftover mudbug or two @Crawdaddy , shredded cabbage, etc. Oh and @ToddG - your quail eggs could be an interesting addition. I’m sure @dlagrand will have all sorts of ideas too :sunglasses:

1 Like

I will have fermented vegetables and other interesting TBD ingredients!

2 Likes

There was steak at least once, firm tofu would probably be good.

I like your suggestion! Thats a bit of a festi
-motivator as the Gipper would say! You gonna help peel them tails? :rofl:

2 Likes

We brought eggs last year, freshies not pickled.

Reminder for any new folks, or those coming to TP from other campgrounds for food and drink events!!!
Bring your own Cup, taster glass, plate/bowl, and utensils. No doubt there will be extra’s for those without, but it really makes things so much easier on the host camps if you bring your own, and clean up after yourself.
Also, these events cost the folks putting them on both time and money. So help out and donate for the cause, by chipping in what you can. Or, sign up with @thewiz to bring donation items for events like Bloody Mary Monday.
Can’t wait to see everyone, not long till it’s June!

7 Likes

@thewiz Barbosa’s Barbeque x Camp Slow Dahn is good to go for another Sunday BBQ lunch. Mark it down on the calendar! I’ll fill in more details in the coming days!

6 Likes

Boom! Done and done! Very much looking forward to this!

I was one bun too late last year. I’ll have to bring some buns just in case. :yum:

2 Likes

I am still mad that we ran out right when ya made it up to our camp. I will make sure we get you some BBQ as soon as we start this go around Tom!

2 Likes

Camp Lampshady Grove has decided to throw our hat in as a stop on the 2023 Goddess Walk. Since all of us in Camp are from Ranch States, we’ll be serving up some house made Camp Lampshady Ranch Water for all the Goddesses looking for that refreshing feel of hot dry air, dust, and the smell of fresh cut hay.

9 Likes

The calendar says Fish Fry on Wednesday, but you say Sunday. There is a bbq on Sunday also.

1 Like

The calendar is accurate, some details in this thread are not.

Actually, the Fish Fry is on Tuesday right at the end of the Beer Share. But, looks to be correct on the calendar. I know we had some back and forth early in this thread so it could easily be confusing. We’ll be doing Lampshade light up hat making and frying the fish Tuesday starting around 1:30. It’s not on the official calendar but all those with lampshade hats will be meeting up to parade through the festival at 9:30pm Saturday night in between Carpenter and Bush!
in 9 days we’ll be on the road! Living room is looking like a storage unit right now. Lots of real chores needing to get accomplished before we hit the road, so it’s going to be a busy week.
Reminder to new folks, most the folks who’ve been answering questions and stuff will be in Telluride, some by this time next week, so if you have last minute questions, this board goes silent after landrush on the 10th!

Can’t wait to hug all your necks! And @thewiz we got a little sumthin fer ya, because you put a lot of effort in to organizing the freaks!

See most of you in 9 days!

4 Likes

Howdy All!
Tropical Tuesday is at 9ish, bring your own cup and be ready to get down!! :tropical_drink:

3 Likes

I can finally arrive on Tuesday, very excited to take part in a few of these shenanigans.

2 Likes