2022 Town Park Load In Information

The Planet just sent out this e-mail regarding TP load in:

Howdy Town Parkers,

We come bearing details in the form of a really long email! In our last communication describing the Zone 1 changes we alluded to a few more changes coming soon, including the new load in procedure. Well here it is!

PLEASE read through all of the details here carefully. There are a lot of new things and important timeframes depending on where you are camping.

First, a quick review of Town Park vs. Zone 1.

*The Map Below shows Town Park and Zone 1.

*A Town Park Camping Ticket is Required to Camp in Town Park Proper/Primitive (The area of the campground normally managed by the Town of Telluride), and Zone 1.

*Additionally, to camp in Zone 1, you need to have reserved a Zone 1 add-on pass. These add-ons are now sold out.

https://i.imgur.com/EkxwOAa.png

First and foremost, if you have purchased a site in Town Park from the Town of Telluride for Friday, June 10th, you can remain in this site through the takeover of Bluegrass. However, the following guidelines will apply:

1. You must stay within the reasonable boundaries of your site through Bluegrass takeover.

2. If you wish to camp elsewhere in the campground, you must participate in the lottery load in. 

3. If you DO NOT have a vehicle pass for the festival, please remove your vehicle from the campground between 8am and 10am on Saturday morning and you will be parked by Festival Staff.  

If you plan to camp in Zone 1, check out the information below. Reminder, you MUST have a Zone 1 Add On Ticket to camp in Zone 1!

The PEDESTRIAN ONLY line will start next to the playground (see map above). Please send only one person per group - and bring a tarp!

*You may begin lining up ON FOOT at 7:30am on Saturday, June 11th. Numbers will be handed out randomly to the line, so there is NO REASON TO ARRIVE EARLY!

*Don’t forget, camping in vehicles is prohibited within the Town of Telluride. Since there is no reason to arrive early, we recommend staying nearby (Ridgway and Montrose are lovely this time of year!) and driving up in the morning. 

*There is very limited parking within Town Park, so you will not be able to park inside to participate in the lineup. Please park *legally* in Town (check the signs!). Refer to this [url=https://www.telluride-co.gov/DocumentCenter/View/11144/Town-of-Telluride-Visitor-Parking-Map-PDF?bidId=]MAP[/url] for our advice on where to park. Be aware - you may be away from your car for more than 2 hours!

*You can NOT be parked by the Festival until after you have unloaded at camp and received a camper parking pass from the host. 

*At 8:30am, we will hand out lottery numbers to everyone in line. In order to receive a lottery number you must present your Zone 1 add on ticket.

*Once all lottery numbers have been handed out, the line will rearrange into order based on numbers. 

*At 9am, the line will be allowed to enter Zone 1, in order, to claim their space, as permitted by campground supervisors.

*Once a space has been claimed, see the Zone 1 host to receive a temporary vehicle pass to unload. Go retrieve your vehicle from parking, present your pass to enter the park, and unload as fast as you can! 

*Once your vehicle is unloaded, but before you start setting up camp, drive your vehicle out and present your parking pass once again to our staff who will allow you into our festival parking. 

*Set up camp and get the party started!

If you plan to camp in Town Park Proper or Primitive (Not Zone 1), read below.

The PEDESTRIAN ONLY line will start between the pavilion and the tennis courts. Please send only one person per group - and bring a tarp!

*You may begin lining up ON FOOT at 1pm on Saturday, June 11th. Numbers will be handed out randomly to the line, so there is NO REASON TO ARRIVE EARLY!

*Don’t forget, camping in vehicles is prohibited within the Town of Telluride. Since there is no reason to arrive early, we recommend staying nearby (Ridgway and Montrose are lovely this time of year!), enjoy a relaxing morning coffee, and casually make your way into Telluride in the late morning.  

*There is very limited parking within Town Park, so you will not be able to park inside to participate in the lineup. Please park *legally* in Town (check the signs!). Refer to this MAP for our advice on where to park temporarily. Be aware - you may be away from your car for more than 2 hours!

*You can NOT be parked by the Festival until after you have unloaded at camp and received a camper parking pass from the host.

*At 2pm, we will hand out lottery numbers to everyone in line.

*Once all lottery numbers have been handed out, the line will rearrange into order based on numbers. 

*Once numbers are distributed, everyone has rearranged into order, and all non festival campers have exited Town Park (roughly 2:30pm), the load-in starts and continues through the day in lottery number order with vehicles allowed in at staff discretion.

*Once a space has been claimed, see the Host to receive a temporary vehicle pass to unload. Go retrieve your vehicle from parking, present your pass to enter the park, and unload as fast as you can! 

*Once your vehicle is unloaded, but before you start setting up camp, drive your vehicle out and present your parking pass once again to our staff who will allow you into our festival parking. 

*Set up camp and get the party started!

In order to keep things neat and orderly, the above procedures will be strictly enforced. Any tarps, string, tape, banjos, or cases of beer used to reserve space before the load in will be confiscated by Bluegrass Staff.

A few other things to take note of:

*Showers now require CASH to purchase tokens, NOT QUARTERS! (The camp hosts will be able to make limited change).

*There are machines located outside both shower facilities to exchange bills for tokens (exact change required, only tokens are dispensed).

*Each token is worth $1, so a minimum of 3 tokens ($3) are necessary to operate the shower.

*Quarters will no longer work for operating the showers (only tokens).

*Tokens cannot be sold back for cash – they must be used or traded.

*Ice will be available for sale for $3/bag.

And one final reminder - sleeping in cars is not allowed in the Town of Telluride (outside of our campground).

Phew, that was a long one! Thanks for hanging in there with us. As always, give us a holler if you have any questions!

Love,
The Folks on Planet Bluegrass

Uh, ummm, what if there are, like, 70 people in your group?

Can anyone loan me a tarp that’s good for about three quarters of an acre?

Sharing one tarp per camp is gonna be a little crowded, especially for the larger camps. The goal must be to encourage a little togetherness.

But seriously: While the ONE PERSON PER GROUP is getting a number, where are all the other people gonna be hanging? Will everyone in the large camps follow the number holder to their usual site? Shouldn’t the numbers be given out PER TENT?

I totally understand the need to protect the recent planting in Zone 1, but I don’t see how keeping people in a line away from the entrances really helps. Here’s hoping it works out better than it seems!

All valid points but it always works out, doesn’t it?

Man, we still have quarters from 2019 we were saving for the shower. Guess we’ll go to the peep show.

Sure seems like a cluster pluck!

Never seemed to be any issues with the old landrush.

And, requires more staff and volunteers to facilitate. I think though we’re a free and semi-rowdy bunch, we also are fair and accommodating within the community. Change always seems worst at first. Lets hope this is a smooth change!

Does anyone know how this relates to folks coming just for pre fest? It sounds like you won’t be allowed to camp there between Saturday and Wednesday if you don’t have a TP camping pass for the festival. If that is the case, it is going to be a bummer for a number of people and reasons.

They don’t define “group”, notably. I would take this to roughly mean tent, or what a “normal” person would think of when regarding a music festival camping group, not so much a Planet Bluegrass camping group. :wink:

I agree. This has to be per tent. Does not make sense in any other way.

As we approach land rush day (my first one), I have a question and looking for some advice if anyone is willing to offer it.

My wife and I have decided that Primitive is likely the zone that will be best for us; despite our enthusiasm for the whole scene we’d like a home base with at least a modicum of tranquility, :lol. If I’m making the drive out there to be in line for the land rush, I’d like to have a better idea of where I’m actually going once my number is called.

Is there a single land bridge to get back to primitive over the creek? Where generally is it on the map? I’ve looked at google earth and still can’t figure it out. :huh
Also, once across the land bridge, I presume there is the ability to post up along the creek on either side? Will it be obvious where the boundaries are that align to the red outline on the map?

Thanks for anything that you want to share, I know some might feel ambivalent to giving out “Beta” on securing a spot during the land rush. I just don’t want to be running around like a chicken with my head cut off! Feel free to PM me if you’d prefer to share that way.

I will be posting up and staying for the pre-fest fun. Being solo for those days I’m looking forward to meeting y’all! Might hike to Blue Lake or even Sneffels one day if anyone wants to get out.

Hi there! Check out this post for a summary answering most of your questions: https://www.festivarian.com/index.php?topic=31794.0

Follow up here or PM me with any unanswered!