2022 Lineup

Well the first batch has been announced. My highlights/lowlights

High (the ladies)
AJ Lee & Blue Summit (excellent 2021 cd)
Molly Tuttle & Golden Highway (great musicians)
Twisted Pine (fresh sound) it will be interesting to see how people react
My Bluegrass Heart
Rising Appalachia (nice change of pace)

Lows
Ten. D (it was fun 20 years ago)
No Billy Strings (hottest act on the planet)

Always great
Sam
House band
Punch Bros
Tim O
Greensky
Stringdusters

Is it interesting that there’s no Yonder? I’ve found them a bit stale the past couple of years, notwithstanding that Ally Kral is the most talented musician on that stage (any stage?). But I think Nick is a good addition. We just saw them at Strings&Sol and they were the most vibrant and tight and wild (all at the same time) as they’ve been in years.

I agree with your analysis! :yellow_heart:

I think we are all in for a real mind blower with Tenacious D. I’d be willing to bet that their backing band might be the Telluride House band, or equivalent (especially since it seems they are slotted for Thursday night). I’m just guessing, but seems highly likely, and would be very very cool!
I’m hoping for a YMSB or LOS addition, and of course I think we all want a BMFS set and nightgrass, or Allison Krauss!

Really pumped about the Monks, and there’s quite a few acts I’ve never seen, so thats always a bonus. Honestly they could book a bunch of crappy bands, and I’d just be excited to see and hang with all you beautiful peeps! Can’t wait for June!

I mean…Tyler Childers and Watchhouse (Mandolin Orange) and Rhiannon Giddens should be pretty outstanding as well. :wink:

Also, I couldn’t agree more with ToddG…I can’t wait to be with everyone again this summer.

Great lineup!

Must see list:

The Stringdusters, Rhiannon Giddens, Molly Tuttle, Kitchen Dwellers!, The Lil Smokies!, Rising Appalachia, Bela Fleck, Greensky Bluegrass

Rhiannon Giddens - Wayfaring Stranger - YouTube

The Kitchen Dwellers will rock the house!
Kitchen Dwellers 10-14-21 Charleston, SC (Full Show) - YouTube

We were at this set, Rockygrass 2021 My first Lil Smokies show.
“Fortunes” | Live from Rockygrass Festival 2021 - YouTube

Looking forward to my first Rising Appalachia show.
Off The Record Rising Appalachia @ The Variety Playhouse. GSU-TV - YouTube

On Molly Tuttle’s website it has Molly and Golden Highway playing 2 shows on the 16th at TBF. Wondering if that means she’ll be a Nightgrass set too! Sure hope so!

Couldn’t agree more! Can’t wait! :cheers

I see that Umphrey’s McGee is playing Vail on the 19th…. Hmmmm.

Hope she plays this at TBG.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1Z4PAZX9Bs&list=RDMMb1Z4PAZX9Bs&start_radio=1

We were able to make this show Oct21 in New Orleans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0ZGk4LDtMQ&list=RDMMb1Z4PAZX9Bs&index=4

Looking forward to some Rockin Bluegrass in Telluride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD1ymUbVpC0&list=RDMMhD1ymUbVpC0&start_radio=1
Punch Brothers covering The Cars.

Look like she is playing main stage at 7:00 on Thursday according to her website. Her nightgrass set with Sierra Hull a few years back still gives me the shivers!

I know Molly is blowing up, but I just don’t see her getting a 7pm slot. That might be My Bluegrass Heart. But, I’d love to see her get that slot, she deserves it!

It has probably already happened at some fest, but a Tuttle Family show would be fun.

The brother and sister Tuttles, or the husband and wife Tuttles, or the real Tuttle family? hehehe Kyle’s running joke on his and Molly’s “relationship” cracks me up!

The original Tuttle Family band was such fun. Included Papa Jack and brother Michael on mandolin along with AJ, Sully and Molly. Some very fine shows including their breakout at CBA Father’s Day.

Lots of great stuff out there but AJ’s version of Hickory Wind stopped a few hearts every time