2019: Would you participate in a protest event in Telluride during Bluegrass?

Unfortunately, no. I live on the planet, when I’m at home or with Planet Bluegrass. I live with human beings, in my community and in the bliss of the festival grounds. I hold the planet and fellow humans close in love, whether at home, at work, or dancing to the music. So yes, I enjoy the f**ing festival beyond words, and that doesn’t mean the concerns for planet and fellow humans takes a back seat.

answer: NO
TBF for us is all about the music!

What about a Roomba protest against robotic automation? Every protester sends a roomba to the streets of Telluride. The robots protest their future world domination; the streets of Telluride get cleaned; and we listen to Bluegrass music.

To be clear, my “unfortunately no” was in answer to question about leaving concern for issues at home. No. I am capable of holding my deep appreciation for the bliss of the transformative musical experience at the same time I remain committed to living my deep alliance to planet and humans. Attention must be paid. Just read roomba comment; it made me smile. I always enjoy a giggle, thank you!

I asked Bobby Dylan.
I asked the Beatles
I asked Timothy Leary & Robert Mueller, but they couldn’t help us either.

{{{ It’s all to clear we’re on our own }}}

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKI5M7-Ideg

Nearly 600,000 deaths from covid to date; the vast majority of which could’ve likely been avoided had the seeds of disinformation not been sewn into the fabric of our nation by the former President that still linger to this day.

Perhaps we might not have been back to 100% “normal” at TBF, but I suspect we’d be a lot closer to capacity had enough people spoken up and demanded science, facts, and truth prevail over misinformation and corrupt behavior much earlier on in the term of the former President.

Horrifying and frustrating to read today about catastrophic numbers in India, and still they are second to US in overall caseloads, and US has experienced 2 1/2 times as many deaths, while we have one quarter the population of India. And arguably more access to better healthcare. While the numbers are most likely underreported in India, it’s still shameful. What a waste.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2022/01/january-6-insurrection-trump-coup-2024-election/620843/

“Who or what will safeguard our constitutional order is not apparent today. It is not even apparent who will try. Democrats, big and small D, are not behaving as if they believe the threat is real. Some of them, including President Joe Biden, have taken passing rhetorical notice, but their attention wanders. They are making a grievous mistake.”

“For more than a year now, with tacit and explicit support from their party’s national leaders, state Republican operatives have been building an apparatus of election theft. Elected officials in Arizona, Texas, Georgia, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan, and other states have studied Donald Trump’s crusade to overturn the 2020 election. They have noted the points of failure and have taken concrete steps to avoid failure next time. Some of them have rewritten statutes to seize partisan control of decisions about which ballots to count and which to discard, which results to certify and which to reject. They are driving out or stripping power from election officials who refused to go along with the plot last November, aiming to replace them with exponents of the Big Lie. They are fine-tuning a legal argument that purports to allow state legislators to override the choice of the voters.”

Where has the “let’s take a break and not think about these things so we can recharge our batteries” gotten us to date???

Oh my lawd…

Remember, remember!
The sixth of January,
“The Gunpowder treason and plot;
I know of no reason
Why the Gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot!”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWJVMoe7OY0