2017 Line-Up

What do I gotta do this now? :lol

Great additions of Josh Ritter and the Revivalists. VERY excited to see both at Folks…

2017 Lineup
We’re excited to announce more artists for the 27th Annual Rocky Mountain Folks Festival lineup – including recent additions The Revivalists and Josh Ritter. Watch for many more lineup additions in the coming months leading up to the single-day lineup later this Spring…

Gregory Alan Isakov
Lake Street Dive
The Revivalists
Josh Ritter
Rhiannon Giddens
The Wailin’ Jennys
The Weepies
Peter Himmelman
Ben Sollee & Kentucky Native
SHEL
Mollie O’Brien & Rich Moore
The Mae Trio
Korby Lenker
Songwriter Showcase

The real question here is:

Who you gonna be crushin’ on Nate? Rachael or Rhiannon? One of them is going to be hurt.

Always awkward when 2 girlfriends show up at the same party.

You said it man, especially when the real gf will be there too. :cheers
:thumbsup

Please tell me about Folks Fest, I’ve never been. What’s the vibe like, what’s the on-site camping like, etc.? I’ve camped on-site at Rockygrass several times so I would have that as a comparison. I typically go for festivals a little more jam-oriented like Telluride or String Summit but thinking about trying Folks this year. Thanks for your input…

Much more mellow than Rocky Grass. Nice laid back vibe, I would say brings a bit of an older crowd but it really does depend on the artist playing. I do all 3 TBF, Rocky Grass and Folks each year and enjoy the difference. Folks Fest makes it very easy to really get into the music, the crowd is always respectful of the artists playing. They definitely enforce the dancing on the right only. Great fest for hearing new music and groups that you might not be as exposed to. As with all PB festivals very family friendly, almost too much though to my liking, a few years ago we were shooshed many times for playing a ukulele in the campground. (Meadow park not onsite)

Other than that it is obviously in the same spot as RG so it is run the same.

Great Fest, I highly recommend.

Thanks, that is pretty similar to what I’ve been told in the past. I think the camping will be too mellow. After camping in Town Park or at a Phish Festival I’m not sure I could handle being shooshed in the campground. I think I may go for a day for the Revivalists, hopefully people are ready to dance because those guys bring it. :cheers

did I miss those TBA’s?

ended up being Elephant & Orange.

Friday, August 18
Gregory Alan Isakov | Rhiannon Giddens | The Weepies | Peter Himmelman | Rachel Sermanni | Phoebe Hunt & The Gatherers | Songwriter Showcase

Saturday, August 19
The Revivalists | Elephant Revival| Loudon Wainwright III | Mandolin Orange| Ben Sollee & Kentucky Native | The Mae Trio | Korby Lenker

Sunday, August 20
Dave Rawlings Machine | Lake Street Dive | Josh Ritter | The Wailin’ Jennys | SHEL | Mollie O’Brien & Rich Moore | Ramy Essam

excited for the addition of Mandolin Orange. Elephant Revival…can they be more everywhere right now?

Not familiar with the Weepies, but some of their videos sure are fun. Looks to be a good mix of familiar and some new names as always. Do like that I always seem to end up with a few cd’s of people I havent heard before.