2010 lineup addition: Michelle Shocked returns to Folks Fest

Thinking back on all the truly unforgettable Planet Bluegrass sets over the years, Michelle Shocked was involved in so many of them…

Three years ago she performed the final Wildflower Pavilion show of the year, by candlelight, unplugged, during a power outage.

Her Telluride Bluegrass Fest gospel set in 2003 was so great she released it as the album ToHeavenURide.

But she really found her place here during Folks Fest, beginning with her Planet Bluegrass debut in 1994.

We’re thrilled to welcome Michelle back to Folks to help us celebrate the festival’s 20th anniversary.

We can’t wait to find out what magic she has in-store for us this August in Lyons…

I love her fiesty ways ! :medal I have that gospel cd and love it :medal

so I’m just waiting for the announcement that the festival’s name is going to be changed to…

“Bob Fest”! :lol

It’s like you’re throwing a party for me, I mean this lineup is just unbelievable - I missed Ani and John Prine last time, and would have been ecstatic with either. I get both! And Richard Thompson, Swell Season, Jenny Lewis, now Michelle!

Geez Louise, when am I gonna go tubing?! :cheers

SOOOOOOOoooooooooooon!!! The days are getting longer and summer and fest will be here before ya know it.

I adore the way Michele interacts with the audiance. She is a spunky, saucy, fun lovin girl. Love that voice! :medal

Brian, congrats to you and the Planet. This lineup for Folks Festival
is superb all the way – easily the best on paper since 2005.