Hello to all Folks camping onsite for Folks Fest 2007!!!
I wanted to let y’all know about the 1st Annual Leave No Trace “How Green Is Your Grass?” Campsite Challenge going on during Folks Fest. The goal is to recognize those who incorporating sustainable practices into their campsites and reward them with a pair of 3-passes and onsite camping to Folks Fest 2008!
So, as you begin your packing for a weekend of music, friends & good times, take a moment and think what kinda things you could do to win the “How Green is your Grass” contest and be sure to bring them along!!!
Drop me a line if you have any questions. Looking forward to seeing some Folk’s green sites.
Are you looking for a fun, creative, and meaningful way to demonstrate your love for the Folks Fest?! Participate in our 1st annual "How Green is Your Grass?"Campsite Challenge! Brought to you by the Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics and supported by Planet Bluegrass and New Belgium Brewing Company, this contest challenges you to camp with responsible and creative flair!
How do I participate?
- If you are camping onsite, take a digital photo of your campsite. (Sorry, this first year’s contest is only open to campsites in the on-site campground.)
- Bring your camera and cable over to the Leave No Trace booth in the Green Town area of the festival.
- Fill out our entry form and your photo will be printed and displayed at the Leave No Trace info booth.
- Between 4:00-5:00 pm each day, we will make a stage announcement declaring the daily winner. Winners will also be posted at the Leave No Trace booth.
How do I win?
We are scoring participating campsites on three simple criteria:
- Cleanliness: Are you repackaging the food you bring? Are you keeping a tidy campsite? Are items secure and not susceptible to wind gusts? Are you safely disposing cigarette butts?
- Sustainability: Are you separating your recyclables, compostibles, etc. Are you reusing products (cups, utensils, water
bottles) instead of trashing them? Are you using any alternative energy sources? Are you using wind credits or did you bike to the festival?
- Creativity: Does your campsite have a theme? Are you utilizing any unique and innovative camping techniques?
What do I win?
Each evening, one lucky campsite will walk away with a pair of 3-day passes and onsite camping for the 2008 Folks Festival, August 15-17, 2008!