Which New Acts are Must Sees?

I heard they also like to be called The Roach Clips

Thanks Sugar, may have been a little over excited, you guys have such cute accents. Cannot wait to see them hoever you say it Lil Smokers :flower :wink:

No wonder they are so chilled…

I started this thread last year and got some great guidance from you all. Let’s try again. I love to come home from the festival with at least a couple of new favorite artists. In past years, it’s been acts like Trout Steak Revival, Lil’ Smokies, Elephant Revival and Rhiannon Giddens that I have added to my rotation.

There are lots of “first time to Telluride” artists to choose from this year-Freddy & Francine, Jeremy Kittel, the Cleverley’s, Lindsay Lou, Fireball Mail, Rayland Baxter, Margo Price, the East Pointers, Parket Millsap and Jason Mraz. No way I have the stamina to catch them all. Which ones are the Must Sees? Thanks! :cheers

I’m not new to her music, but I’m really looking forward to finally seeing Nora Jones live. I really like the Cleverlys. We saw them last year at a very tame bluegrass festival, and they were great. They probably aren’t for everybody as they mostly play pop covers done extremely well in traditional bluegrass style. They are super tight pickers though, and the main draw of their act is the ad lib stage act, and the “arkansas characters” they perform as. Its almost as much a straight up comedy routine as it is a musical performance, guaranteed to make you chuckle! I’d say they are a do not miss show, but probably not something you’d throw on the record player at home! I’m for sure catching the Jeremy Kittel set, and Lindsey Lou, as they are on my list of never heard bands that have peaked my interest. Also do not miss Parker Milsap!!!

Anna Tivel, last year’s Troubador, lists Elks Park on her tour page … missed her last year; really looking forward to her Elks Park set this year ! check her out on youtube …

Freddy & Francine.

You’re welcome. :wink:

:cheers

D.

Margo Price and Parker Milsap are both amazing. They are on my “do not miss” list for this year.

:wave
I previewed Freddy & Francine at Dustin’s recommendation, they are gonna rock the house! Run a Muck is hosting several events this year worthy of checking out. The Good time Travelers on Tuesday and the Town Park Singer Songwriter Circle on Monday will be stellar.

:peace

I’m excited for Margo Price :thumbsup Parker Milsap, and Freddy and Francine.

Yo Hippie, anything on the books for later in the week yet? :peace

I’m sure most everybody already knows about Elephant Revival, but if you don’t or have not seen them yet… They are a not miss show, especially right now they are on fire!

Last night Dierks Bently played with Hot Rize, video is circulating sounds great! Maybe he’ll sit in with them at TBF!