Mary E. Ilium Camping

Thanks guys i really appreciate the advice.

I just found out (tickets, camping passes etc were wedding gifts) that we have a vehicle pass. Arriving wednesday night how do you guys think that would play out? Enough room or no?

Greetings! I am in search of a Mary E Ilium vehicle pass! I have an extra 4 day festival pass I would like to trade, I also have cash.

Thanks

You should be able to find a spot. If you can get there earlier, you will get a better spot. You might end up with your tent and vehicle not right next to each other though. Also, if you don’t need to have your vehicle in the campground (which most people don’t), you could sell the vehicle pass for $60- extra food/beer $ and would really make someone’s day because there are a lot of people looking for them.

Where do I buy a camping pass for Mary e illium? I am volunteering and just learned there isn’t a volunteer camping area so need to figure out my camping ASAP!

Same site you purchase tickets, purchase camping.

Right here: https://www.seetickets.us/event/Telluride-Bluegrass-2020/398432

Hi all - still doing some searching, read through this thread.

Does anyone know, once we park our car with our tent. We have a car pass, will we be able to leave with our car to pick up provisions during the festival and come back to our spot where our tent will be located. Or once you drive in, with car, do you get blocked in and unable to leave with car?

Thank you!

No, after Wednesday you will not be able to leave with your vehicle. But, the shuttle bus will be running to town and back about every 20 minutes

Great. Thank you!!

My first time at Telluride, I got camping tickets at Mary E, but no vehicle pass. In reading the posts, it says campground opens Sat? Do our camping tickets allow us to enter then or is it first come first serve and you pay for the addtional days to the campground. Don’t understand. Also, says no showers, so is it possible to shower at another location?

From reading posts, I think you can go in as early as Saturday with no extra charge. But would be good to confirm. As it’s first come first serve. Think we are going to try and roll in Tues am for a good spot.

And would also love any info on shower options as no showers on site…

I believe they open the camping at Mary E on Saturday prior to fest at 8am. No showers on site. Best spots tend to be taken by Tuesday morning, and starts getting pretty full by Wednesday afternoon. But, no matter there’s no bad spots at Mary E, but there’s definitely “better” spots. Usually there’s showers available at the high school, and the shuttles will start running Wednesday morning about every 15-20 minutes one comes around.

We did our first year at Mary. The area is beautiful and the river will sing you to sleep. Lots of hiking and MTN biking right out of camp. A moderate trail will take you to the Lawson field area where the Brewery is located, and from there its an easy paved path into town. Takes about 40 minutes to go straight to town via the trail.

The only issue with the out of town campgrounds is that you either have to haul everything you need for the day (chairs, blankets, shade, warm weather clothes, and sun down cold weather gear, food water etc…) or you have to miss music and shuttle back to camp. The round trip shuttle to Mary and back to festival is minimum of an hour even if your speedy, so we always prepared for the full day each morning.

Great info. Thank you