FirstGrass + Sunset Concert Series May Not Happen in 2022

UPDATE:

in last weeks MTN VILLAGE council meeting, it was confirmed that FirstGrass is happening. Initially, it sounded like it MAY have moved from Sunset Plaza to Conference Center Plaza, but after listening I just saw they got a green light to stay in Sunset Plaza (not from an official source, TBD) Hard to tell if they were referring to Firstgrass or the rest of the concert series, as they are separate.

It was a contractual obligation tied into PB’s parking agreement with MTN VILLAGE. Won’t be funded by TMVOA, so the series continuing after firstgrass is still very much in flux.

Of course I don’t speak for MTN VILLAGE/TMVOA/TAG or PB. I just hack their unprotected servers. (JK, this is all public info), so stay tuned.

Well that’s great news but gosh I really hope it stays in Sunset - that’s a huge draw. Getting everyone shoved into the Conference Center Plaza would temper the vibe a bit but I’ll take what I can get I suppose!

Now we have to speculate who will be playing! I doubt they’d do this since Ferg doesn’t seem to like the Smokies that much but another Smokies Firstgrass would be epiccccccccc. A guy can dream!

AJ Lee has Sunset Plaza on the schedule???

And saw something about Lil Smokies at Transfer on Thursday I think…

Ha well there you go!

And saw something about Lil Smokies at Transfer on Thursday I think....
Hm I saw Kitchen Dwellers at the Transfer at 4 but nothing about the smokies - any recollection as to where you saw that?

My bad, it was Dwellers!

Remaining in Sunset Plaza is likely for Firstgrass from what I have gathered. For the Sunset series, that is not the case.

For transfer, here’s what I have so far:
Dwellers on Thursday + Travis Book & Andy Falco of Infamous Stringdusters play Jerry Garcia on Sat.

Plus Sol Chase and Birds of Play on Tuesday, Tom and Claybrook on Wednesday. I’m not familiar with any of these groups but they all look folky/bluegrassy

Tom runs Telluride Music Co. Great dude!

\

Any word on timing for this? It’s been a few years. What time did the First Grass shows typically happen?

Firstgrass was scheduled for 5-8pm in both 2018 and 2019.

Usually right after the rumballs!

On the Planet Bluegrass FB page:

It’s FirstGrass time!
Join us Wednesday, June 15th at Sunset Plaza in the Town of Mountain Village for a FREE community show with AJ Lee & Blue Summit and Kitchen Dwellers!
It’s going to be a real blast and we think you should come. Music is from 5-8 :cowboy_hat_face: